Mr. Robinson has over 40 years' experience as an estate planning and business attorney, providing timely, cost-effective and personal legal services to each client.
Prior to establishing the Robinson Law Firm in 2003, Mr. Robinson served for ten years as Vice President and General Counsel of Curtis Mathes Corporation. In addition to televisions and consumer electronics products, the company offered automated telephone software products for call centers and products that displayed Internet features on a television.
As general counsel, Mr. Robinson was responsible for all legal matters affecting the domestic and international operations of the company, including:
- Transactions; negotiation and drafting of complex commercial contracts, manufacturing and dealer agreements, focusing on practical, business-oriented solutions;
- Technology and other intellectual property licenses (trademark, trade secrets, copyright and patents);
- Venture capital financing, private equity placements and investments;
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures;
- Employment agreements, non-compete and confidentiality agreements;
- Corporate compliance policies (code of conduct, employment policies, records retention, emergency recovery, and insider trading plans);
- Oversight of internal and external corporate communications, including press releases;
- Litigation management and oversight, interfacing with outside law firms;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings and compliance (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, 13D, proxy statements, Section 16 and registration statements);
- Regulation FD, Sarbanes-Oxley and NASDAQ compliance.
As corporate secretary, Mr. Robinson:
- Coordinated Board of Directors’ meetings with the CEO; recorded minutes of Board meetings;
- Organized and conducted annual and special shareholders’ meetings; prepared and solicited proxy materials;
- Coordinated stock-related matters including dealings with transfer agents and investors;
- Maintained all corporate organizational documents.
Prior to joining Curtis Mathes in 1993, Mr. Robinson practiced law for over ten years in Lubbock, Texas, as a partner in a private law firm of ten attorneys, representing banks and other financial institutions, concentrating in commercial transactions and real estate law.
- Certified Mediator, presiding in over 100 cases with an exceptional settlement rate.
- Author of the 1994-95 Real Estate Law Correspondence Course for the Texas Tech University Paralegal Certification Program.
Mr. Robinson received his B.A. in psychology from the University of New Mexico in 1969, served four years in the United States Air Force, and received his J.D. from Texas Tech University School of Law in 1978. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Robinson has been an Allen resident for over twenty-five years; he is past president of the Allen Rotary Club and is an active member of the First United Methodist Church of Allen.